Re: text properties in tex mode

From: Kostas Oikonomou
Subject: Re: text properties in tex mode
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:44:01 -0400

If I disable font-lock-mode, I get back the yellow face in the
Background color menu,

Same for me.

and it works.
Not for me.

Do you get the error when you click on the Background color button ?

Yes.

Does it give you the menu with entries yellow/other ?

Yes.

Maybe you can try to redefine the yellow face in TeX mode, by putting
in your .emacs:
(add-hook 'tex-mode-hook (lambda ()
    (make-face 'yellow)
    (set-face-background 'yellow "yellow")))

I did that, and it seems to me it should work, but I get the same error:
Face ((:background yellow)) not configured for TeX mode

Nevertheless, if I do Edit -> Text Properties -> Display Faces, the "yellow" face *does* show up,
as last in the list!

                                        Kostas