Re: Using "apps"-key as a second Meta-key

From: Hans-Christian Mick
Subject: Re: Using "apps"-key as a second Meta-key
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 08:53:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Joost,

thanks a lot for the link, but it didn't help I'm afraid.

The apps-key is the key in between the "Alt-GR"-key and the "CTRL"-key
on the right side of the space-key. Normally it has the same function
as a right mouse click I think, but it is undefined in Emacs.

My normal Meta-key is "Alt" on the left side and it works well, but
I'd like to have a second one on the right side. And the apps-key
seems just right for this purpose.

On the internet I've found a way to give it another function by doing
this:

(global-set-key [apps] 'preview-document)

Is there a way to do the same thing, but with the Meta key instead of
the command "preview-document"?

By the way: I'm running Windows Vista... And I am not very proud of
it :)