Re: Going to line n, column m

From: Mauricio
Subject: Re: Going to line n, column m
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 16:57:48 -0300

It's not a bug, it's a feature of move-to-column.  Hence my
implementation of goto-xy.
First of all, I think it's unlikely that the OP wanted to move to a line
and column that don't exist.  Your comment that it "doesn't work" is
misleading at best.

To me, it seems unlikely that the OP is using CVS emacs, given he had
to ask such a question.

Actually, the OP is satisfied with 'goto-line' and
its binding M-g g that I found using Ctrl-h f :) But
I learned from this discussion, and thank for that.

Best,
MaurĂ­cio