Re: shell-command: how to limit output buffer's height?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: shell-command: how to limit output buffer's height?
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 20:42:21 -0600

Stefan Vollmar wrote:
I am using shell-command to run an external program. The output is display in a buffer "*Async Shell Command*" and I would like to limit that buffer's window height to just a few lines. Is there something similar to compilation-window-height for the shell-command?

I use separate frames for that purpose, which may or may not meet your
needs:

(setq special-display-buffer-names
      (cons "*Async Shell Command*" special-display-buffer-names))

The default height for such frames is 14 lines, but you can change it:

(setq special-display-frame-alist
      (cons '(height . 5) special-display-frame-alist))

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA