Re: how to learn lisp

From: William Case
Subject: Re: how to learn lisp
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:52:25 -0400

Hi;

On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 12:34 +0800, jacklisp wrote:
> how to learn lisp

It depends on how green you are to programming etc.  When I started
using emacs I knew nothing.  In fact, I started using emacs in order to
learn something about 'C', my first attempt at a programming language.

What worked for me was first:

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs-lisp-intro/html_node/index.html

to start with the simplest concepts.  Then on the emacs menu:

Help => More Manuals => Introduction to Emacs Lisp

Then practise, practise, until the 'eureka' moment.  It doesn't take too
long for that moment to arrive.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3