Getting the command that a certain menu function runs?

From: Tyler Spivey
Subject: Getting the command that a certain menu function runs?
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 07:54:39 -0700

Hello. I would like to know how to find the function that is executed by
a menu command on the menubar. describe-key isn't working for me, since
I don't use a mouse, and f10/m-` just describes the function for opening
the menubar. For example, in gnus, I would like to find the M-x
equivalent of Post>Send a message (mail or news).