Capitalize letter after brace

From: Ross A. Laird
Subject: Capitalize letter after brace
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 22:02:32 -0700

This is the type of thing that would take me a day to figure out on my
own (though, probably, I could eventually figure it out), but most
readers of this group can probably throw me a line in a few seconds:

I have some index entries in my tex file that are capitalized
\index{Capitalized} and others that are not \index{not}. I want to make
all entries consistently capitalized. This means a search for the first
character after the opening index brace and a change of its case. What's
the magic formula (please...).

Cheers.

Ross
--