Re: Emacs Wiki Revision History

From: ack
Subject: Re: Emacs Wiki Revision History
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:04:02 +0200

> Xah <xahlee <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > for the love of emacs community, please suggest to it's creator Alex
> > Schroeder to switch the emacs wiki's software to MediaWiki as the wiki
> > software, instead of his pet of 4k line of perl OddMuse that doesn't
> > use a real database.
>
> Don't waste your time. :)
>
> > I have been thinking for a while for doing this ... register a domain,
> > install MediaWiki, and copy emacswiki.org content over.

MediaWiki? You've got to be kidding. A database is by no means a
requirement for such a thing as emacswiki (or most wiki's for that
matter).

Oddmuse works really quite well and it's text formatting is much nicer
than that of MediaWiki in my opinion.

You of course are free to do what you like, but for the love of all
things good and nice, please choose some other wiki (almost any other
wiki) than MediaWiki.

ack