Re: Emacs as C IDE

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: Emacs as C IDE
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:16:48 -0400

Lorenzo Isella wrote:
Dear All, I am working on a fairly large (for my standards) C
project. I have to browse different .c and .h files and sometimes I
feel lost. It would be wonderful, when looking at a single file,
being able to "visualize" (maybe in a different window) its skeleton:
structures, functions etc... or to collapse them in the view of the
original file. I have not found what I am looking for, but I cannot
believe that nobody has ever taken steps in this direction. I should
add I am using cc-mode right now, Many thanks

Possibilities I use:

- selective-display can collapse code by level

- speedbar allows file and function browsing in a separate frame

- imenu allows jumping to a function using a GUI menu

(Since it's emacs, there are probably 10 more.)