Xemacs Xsymbol Latex and dabbrev

From: Benny
Subject: Xemacs Xsymbol Latex and dabbrev
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 02:46:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Every one,
I use xemacs for writing in LaTeX. I use X-symbol support.  In
addition, have enabled dabbrev/hippie-expand for auto completion. But
there is a catch. All math token (say \longrightarrow) are converted
into their X-symbol encoding(in this example, to something like -->).
So I have to retype the whole \longrightarrow each time I need it.
Ofcourse I can disable x-symbol mode which trying to expand but that
is a pain and I haven't been
able to write a lisp code to do it automatically.
Is there a way to make sure that while trying to expand, Xemacs does
try the tokens corresponding to the latex math symbols too?

Thank you for your patience
Benny George