RE: Embedding external application in emacs (or using emacs to control e

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Embedding external application in emacs (or using emacs to control exeternal application)
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:59:00 -0700

 From: Corey Foote Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:32 AM
 Is there a way to embed external application (such as firefox)
 inside an Emacs buffer and use Emacs to control them? If not,
 would it be possible to simply send an external application
 (again like firefox) a command from within emacs without it
 being embedded. For example, say I was working on an HTML page
 in emacs and wanted to preview my changes by refreshing the
 page in firefox. I would just like to be able to say something
 like M-x refresh-firefox, and not have to click over to the
 firefox window to his refresh myself. What would be required
 to add this feature?

[Please plain-text email for this mailing list.]

This might (or might not) help:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/SiteMap#ExternalPrograms