Re: Browsing into Subdirectory in Dired in the Same Buffer

From: Paul R
Subject: Re: Browsing into Subdirectory in Dired in the Same Buffer
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:40:02 +0100

Tassilo> Here's my local hack to make RET reusing the current dired
Tassilo> buffer if I'm hitting RET on a directory or else create a new
Tassilo> buffer.

I think this behaviour is what most people expect, so it should be the
default. I'm not sure if it fits in current stabilisation phase of
emacs 23, but I'd like it to.

--
  Paul