Re: how to deal with comment in a new lang mode

From: Xah
Subject: Re: how to deal with comment in a new lang mode
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 14:48:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Nov 1, 2:23 pm, Andreas Politz <poli...@fh-trier.de> wrote:

> What I was trying to say is, that inserting parens in pairs does not
> insert newlines. I don't see the connection.
> Somehow you end up with newlines between your parentheses and then
> you need to remove them. Why insert them in the first place ?
> (rethorical question)

read my post man!

when you code by inserting parens and moving sexp as unit, you end up
having ending parens each may be indented and on separate lines.

the above sentence explain how the line break appears, which answers
your rethorical question.

as to why one'd want to code lisp while maintaining nesting
integrity... the short answer is that i think it's overall more
efficient than otherwise. Let me know if you'd like a more detailed
analysis or elaboration.

i consider my current keyboarding and command system for coding lisp
is perfect, except one thing. I want a command that will re-format
current block of code.
more detail given here:
http://xahlee.org/emacs/lisp_formatter.html

if this command is available, i don't need compact-paren because it'd
cover it.

i consider that a lisp editor missing this feature caused _major_
damage to the lisp language ... (for detail, see the section
“Automatic, Uniform, Universal, Source Code Display” at Fundamental
Problems of Lisp ( http://xahlee.org/UnixResource_dir/writ/lisp_problems.html
), for the relation between a regular syntax and source code
formatting.)

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/