Re: How can I reload etags project path

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: How can I reload etags project path
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 17:52:40 +0100

Sébastien Vauban <zthjwsqqafhv@spammotel.com> writes:

> Hi yinglcs,
>
>> In my .emacs I have defined the etags project path like this:
>>
>> (defvar etags-project-path "/media/storage/working" "*Base path for
>> your project")
>>
>> (require 'etags)
>> (setq tags-file-name (expand-file-name "TAGS" etags-project-path))
>>
>> After i open emacs, how can i point to a different project
>> path,let's say i have multiple project etag files, how can i
>> switch dynamically?
>
> Use:
>
> (require 'sure-tags)
>
> which will make sure that tags file exists (and builds it if it
> doesn't), allowing you to first rebuild the tags file or specify
> a new one when the search fails.
>
> Seb

Looking up tags again (I use etags and cscope currently) I see this page:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/TagsFile#toc2

And wonder if anyone here extended GNU Global to include elisp?

It seems such a waste and confusion to have a "official GNU tags system"
which does not appear to support the language its flagship product uses!

According to the home page it supports:

support C, C++, Yacc, Java and PHP4.

Anyone here using it and can recommend it?

--
 important and urgent problems of the technology of today are no longer the
satisfactions of the primary needs or of archetypal wishes, but the reparation