Enabling Flyspell mode gave an error

From: jeep
Subject: Enabling Flyspell mode gave an error
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 10:37:17 -0800 (PST)

Howdy all,

I am trying to enable flyspell mode and I'm having a problem. I'm
using GNU Emacs 22.3.1 on Windows XP and aspell. When I try to "M-x
flyspell-mode" in a buffer, I get the error message:
    Enabling Flyspell mode gave an error
(I've tried it in many different major modes including text,
Fundamental, Lisp...)

I don't see any other indication of what the problem could be. I can
us all the ispell commands (eg. I can M-$ to check the spelling of a
particular word). I originally thought that it might be a conflict
with all the configurations I've done, so I removed my _emacs file and
tried it from a base install and I eval'd this:
    (setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")

Then I can M-$ to check the word, but I still cannot enable flyspell-
mode and it gives me the same error.

Where can I look to get more information to help me figure out this
problem? I've searched for it on the internet and all I find is other
people asking the question with no answers.

Thanks,
-JEEP
Joe Peterson