Re: emacs-w3m question

From: Xah
Subject: Re: emacs-w3m question
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 05:23:15 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 3, 3:25 pm, Xavier Maillard <x...@gnu.org> wrote:
> Note: they are not easily accessible for *me*. It does not mean
> they are badly designed or wrongly placed. I am pretty sure many
> people use them and like that. I do not like to move my fingers
> too much thus keeping them on the most important part: letters.

i too, like to keep my hands on the main keyboard section as much as
possible.

Try these:

;; Single char cursor movement
(global-set-key (kbd "M-j") 'backward-char)
(global-set-key (kbd "M-l") 'forward-char)
(global-set-key (kbd "M-i") 'previous-line)
(global-set-key (kbd "M-k") 'next-line)

;; kick the habit
(global-unset-key (kbd "C-f")) ; forward-char
(global-unset-key (kbd "C-b")) ; backward-char
(global-unset-key (kbd "C-n")) ; next-line
(global-unset-key (kbd "C-p")) ; previous-line

Try these for a week. The first few days will be frustrating, as your
muscle memory hits the wrong keys. But i bet you won't ever go back.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/