Re: sunrise commander -- changing view

From: escherdragon
Subject: Re: sunrise commander -- changing view
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 01:23:14 -0800 (PST)

rustom wrote:
> Does anyone know how to get shorter views in sunrise commander rather
> than seeing truncated lines??

There are two variables you can customize to make this happen: sr-
listing-switches and sr-virtual-listing-switches, they contain all the
options passed to the listing program to create all dired listings in
sunrise.

sr-listing-switches determines the contents of regular sunrise
buffers. On linux with a recent version of ls I use the following
(without the quotes) to get my preferred view: "--time-style=locale --
group-directories-first -alDphgG"

sr-virtual-listing-switches determines the contents of virtual sunrise
buffers (the ones that show the results of find, locate, recent files,
recent directories, etc) and you can also modify it, but be warned
that you'll break sorting in this kind of buffers (just see if you
care enough about it).

You can always do M-x customize-group [enter] sunrise [enter] to see
all customizable options.

Cheers,

--
José A. Romero L.