Replying to an article gave an error

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Replying to an article gave an error
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 09:57:24 +0100

Hello,

For a long time now, I've a (very annoying) problem with *some*
messages when replying within my mail reader "Gnus" (from CVS,
version "No Gnus v0.9"): instead of inserting the original mail
prefixed with `>' characters, it just shouts at me ;-), telling
that `progn: Search failed: "^\\(.+\\):"'...

    ,----
    | Checking for library `filladapt'... Found
    | Ispell process killed
    | Starting new Ispell process [default] ...
    | Ispell process killed
    | Local Ispell dictionary set to francais
    | Using the <MyCompany-ID> Identity
    | progn: Search failed: "^\\(.+\\):"
    | Starting new Ispell process [francais] ...
    `----

I have no idea why it is limited to some mails (though I have
the very subjective impression that the problem occurs more and
more), and -- worse -- how to try to debug that problem...

I've followed -- with a lot of interest -- the thread between
Jeep and Andreas Politz about how to try to debug the problem:

> Enable debug-on-error via 'M-x toggle-debug-on-error', then
> start flyspell-mode again and examine the error. If that does
> not work, try edebug. Open the file where flyspell-mode is
> defined. Reeval the function with 'C-u C-M-x' and again, start
> flyspell-mode. Now you are in edebug-mode. Hit Space till you
> get the error. Press 'i' to enable debugging of the called
> function after point.

But I never have been able to enter edebug, even after having
re-evaluated functions like `gnus-article-reply-with-original'
(from `gnus-art.el') and `gnus-summary-reply' (from
`gnus-msg.el') with `C-u C-M-x'.

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot in advance,
  Seb