Re: Including content from EmacsWiki in Emacs

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Including content from EmacsWiki in Emacs
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 23:14:31 +0100

On Thu, Nov 06 2008, Lennart Borgman wrote:

>>> I am not sure that is important since if something on EmacsWiki is to
>>> be included in Emacs it needs to be rewritten to fit into Emacs
>>> manual.
>>
>> AFAIK, that doesn't matter.
>
> What do you mean?

In general[1], in order to include non-trivial content[2] in Emacs,
the author has to assign the copyright to the FSF.  If we don't have
an assignment, we cannot include it.

I don't know what kind of rewriting your thinking about.  If it's only
adding texinfo markup and minor changes, then I think we still need an
assignment from the original author.[3]

Bye, Reiner.

Footnotes:
[1]  there might be some exceptions

[2]  code or documentation

[3]  IANAL; I don't speak for the FSF; If you want to know for sure ask
     the FSF copyright clerk or on emacs-devel.

--
       ,,,
      (o o)