Re: running perl script in eshell on windows permission denied

From: shul
Subject: Re: running perl script in eshell on windows permission denied
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 14:33:57 -0800 (PST)

Andreas Politz wrote:

> > OK. So what can I do to execute some perl scripts from eshell?
> > I like eshell. It is so unix like...
> > Thanks
> > Mitchell
>
> The least you could try is
>
> $ perl me.pl
>
> ,but I guess there has to be a win32 equivalent to the unix chmod
> command. But I don't know such things.

Yes!

perl me.pl
works, which solves the real problem!

however i am still curious why the eshell environment creates a
'execute protection' that does
not exist in the native windows environment in the cmd.exe shell.
after all me.pl runs
in the cmd.exe shell and under M^X shell

I guess it may be
a carryover secondary to the universality of eshell, but it seems
strange, since there seems
to be no chmod command here..

thanks.

Also, I cannot install the cygwin environment. I actually am not even
allowed to install
emacs :).

shul