Re: emacs-w3m question

From: Rupert Swarbrick
Subject: Re: emacs-w3m question
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 18:57:02 +0000

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

>> For example, in other part your post, you said something idiotic about
>> the use of Shift key, then Rupert Swarbrick put in 60 words post that
>> effectively says ???yeah, i still use emacs thru telnet too!!!??? Can you
>> imagine, soon other tech geeker will chime in and insist emacs is
>> still used thru telnet? and soon more tech geeker will insist that
>> Emacs is not technically a Microsoft Word?
>
> :-)  What I said was, I think, true.  People do use Emacs over comms
> lines.  Emacs developers actively resist the "tyranny of the majority".

Oh sorry Xah, you're in a killfile so I've only just noticed I got a
mention. But, yeah, I think it's pretty amazing that emacs is usable
over ssh (no, I don't allow telnet logins to my laptop). Before there's
a tirade about ancient lispniks who are out of touch with the real
world, I'll point out that I'm an undergrad.

Anyway, what other editors except v** and emacs would allow you to do
something like that? I think that they're absolutely brilliant. I'm not
entirely sure what you mean about emacs being like MS Word. After all,
it's clearly superior to emacs because it has buttons along the top for
underlining and bolding words, no?

Indeed, we should all give up on these silly text editors and use
full-featured software like proper office tools. Or even better, we
could use powerpoint for everything.

Yes, I am trolling. No I'm not serious.

> But Xah Lee moaning about long winded posts?  Wow!

Heh!

Rupert