Re: emacs is not Microsoft Word

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: emacs is not Microsoft Word
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:11:52 +0100

Xah <xahlee@gmail.com> writes:

>> Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).
>
> who the fuck r u anyway? care to enlighten us with perhaps your
> resume? what emacs packages have u done? how long have u been a emacs
> dev? what's your field of expertise? how old are u? 50? 60?

Well, if you cared to read the Emacs developer lists, you'd notice that
Alan is the main person working on cc-mode, the programming mode for
such unimportant languages as C, C++, Objective C, Java, and likely awk
and some others.

Emacs comes with a file "AUTHORS" which will tell you:

Alan Mackenzie: wrote cc-awk.el
and changed cc-cmds.el cc-mode.el cc-engine.el cc-defs.el cc-langs.el
  cc-vars.el cc-mode.texi cc-styles.el cc-fonts.el cc-align.el lread.c
  programs.texi cc-subword.el font-lock.el isearch.el lisp.el search.texi
  startup.el subr.el text.texi add-log.el and 21 other files

On the other hand, a certain "Xah Lee" is not mentioned there at all.

> my life and cock size is a open book.

Well, "get one" is obviously sound advice for you regarding the former
category, and I recommend focusing on that at first, or there may be a
lack of opportunity to apply any gains in the latter category, anyway.
Expressed differently: there is more than one way to lower the dickhead
center of gravity.

--
David Kastrup