Re: What happened to vc-mode in Emacs 23?

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: What happened to vc-mode in Emacs 23?
Date: 12 Nov 2008 10:09:54 +0100

"Sven Bretfeld" <sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch> writes:

> I used to use Emacs for CVS handling. A few days ago I switched from
> stable to Emacs 23.0.60.1 (Emacs-Snapshot under Ubuntu 8.10).
>
> Now, when I try to check-in my projects (C-x C-v C-d ~/aktuell/) I get
> something looking like this:
>
> ,----
> | VC backend : CVS
> | Working dir: ~/aktuell/
> |

> |                          ./
> `----

I found that it works when I choose a folder containing a concrete CVS
module. But I liked that Emacs automatically did a recursive search for
files to be checked in from the various projects which are all located
below the folder ~/aktuell/. Does anybody know how I can retrieve the
old behavior?

To be clear, the folder ~/aktuell/ contains several CVS sandboxes. I
want Emacs to gather information from all sandboxes below that folder at
once and to list all the files that have changed.

Thanks for help

Sven