recovering inbox files in vm

From: tyler
Subject: recovering inbox files in vm
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 14:53:54 -0400

Hi,

If my emacs crashes (due to X crashing), when I restart and open vm I
get the message that auto-save data exists, and emacs recommends
recover-this-file, while vm recommends vm-recover-folder.
recover-this-file gives me a 'Wrong type argument: stringp, nil', and
vm-recover-folder appears to open the autosave file #inbox#, but as a
regular text file rather than as a vm file. I can't save this file, as
"no changes need to be saved", but closing the file and starting up vm
again brings me back to the same situation. What should I do to recover
my files?

Thanks,

Tyler