Re: hacking vc.el for checkout

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: hacking vc.el for checkout
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 06:51:56 -0700

tomer wrote:
I use most of the time vc-next-action which works great.
but on merge cases i need only to checkout
there is no interactive command for checkout in vc.el , but there is a
function.
for the elist experts ,is possible to make it interactive,
i am a elisp beginner so i if someone could provide the code , it
would be great.

Does vc-toggle-read-only work in that situation?  I bind it to `C-x v q'
(rather than `C-x q' as suggested in the Emacs manual):

(global-set-key "\C-xvq" 'vc-toggle-read-only)

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA