Re: Cocoa Emacs 23 & Unicode

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Cocoa Emacs 23 & Unicode
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 01:04:52 +0100

Am 21.11.2008 um 00:33 schrieb Ian Eure:

You're right, it's getting changed to STHeiti for those characters. Know of any workarounds?

Use the X11 client – with quotes it mostly behaves better.

It seems that the characters are incorrectly mapped into CJK; This is from describe-char:

         category: c:Chinese h:Korean j:Japanese

I've sent a bug report.

I think I reported a similiar bug in X11 client before. Then I received as answer that some Chinese mapping (GB....) incorporates (my finding: part of) Unicode, so it's better or easier to see it all from a Chinese font encoding's point of view. Me, I would prefer Tibetan, probably that would *not* end in some CJK category ...

It's hard to make the developers understand our Latin-centric view!

--
Greetings

  Pete

There's no place like 127.0.0.1