Re: How to convert the case for a single letter

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: How to convert the case for a single letter
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:08:55 +0100

Am 21.11.2008 um 15:29 schrieb Niels Giesen:

Right! This and downcase-word (M-l) work also for the rest of the word
– and Both Will Fail On A Word That Has A Few Upper-Case Letters  In
It.

Right, that is annoying. How about something like

(defun upcase-char (arg)
  (interactive "P")
  (upcase-region
   (point)
   (+ (point) arg)))

Yes, something simple like this, or a keyboard macro of his own, was part of my recommendation to Anand. (For me it happens so rarely that I can do this manually, once needed. With a keyboard of six or seven modifiers an unused key binding could be determined, s-~, for example)

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Heißt 'Wegwerfgesellschaft', dass mensch diese Gesellschaft weg werfen *kann* oder *muss*?