RE: if I set home key to this macro then shift+home does not select text

From: Tolkin, Steve
Subject: RE: if I set home key to this macro then shift+home does not select text in cua-mode
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:14:39 -0500

Dear Xah,
        Thanks.  Why did I have to compile it for it to work?
First I added this to my _emacs init file and then I tried it by doing a
load-file of ~/_emacs
But it did not work.
Then I ran byte-compile-file ~/_emacs and then a load-file of ~/_emacs.elc

I pasted this just after the global-set-key line in my _emacs file and
;;; next suggested by Xah Lee email 11/25/08
(add-hook 'cua-mode-hook
 (lambda ()
    (put 'my-home 'CUA 'move)
   )