Re: Utilizing Regexp (or something else) to replace an arbitrary string

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Utilizing Regexp (or something else) to replace an arbitrary string length of the same character with the same string length of another character.
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:31:45 +0100

Am 26.11.2008 um 15:41 schrieb Tim Visher:

I have a bunch of arbitrarily long strings of '=' characters and I
would like to replace them one for one with '-' characters.

Have you thought of replace-string? (replace-string from-string to- string &optional delimited start end) does not use a regular expression, it substitutes one string (=) with another (-).

In Christ,

No! In Emacs.

--
Greetings

  Pete

We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                                – Blaise Pascal