Re: Trouble loading files in batch mode

From: Davin Pearson
Subject: Re: Trouble loading files in batch mode
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:38:02 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 27, 10:10 am, Bernardo Bacic <bernardo.ba...@pobox.com> wrote:
> it was a dark and stormy night when Davin Pearson said,
>

> > When I run the following command:
>
> > emacs --batch -l ~/hello.el
>
> > Emacs complains like so:
>
> > Cannot open load file: /d/home/hello.el
>
> > But when I run the following command:
>
> > emacs --batch -l hello.el
>
> > it works fine.   please note that in both cases the file hello.el
> > exists so Emacs should be able to find it.   Here is the version
> > information:
>
> > In GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
> >  of 2008-03-27 on RELEASE
> > Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
> > configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'
>
> are you by any chance launching a Windows build of Emacs from a cygwin shell?

No I don't think so.

Here is what clicking on the Properties menu button of my Emacs icon
shows:

Target: "D:\Program Files\emacs-22.2\bin\runemacs.exe"
Start In: "D:\Program Files\emacs-22.2\bin"

I have worked out a work around for this bug.  The file hello.el which
I can load from the current directory can hold code that loads from ~/
here.el.