Changing window from term

From: Florian Lindner
Subject: Changing window from term
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 09:24:00 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

so far I have discovered two different methods using the shell with
Emacs. shell and term. shell I don't like because it's too much a text
file. I prefer just to have my shell in a seperate window (with up and
down recalling the command history).
term does this so far. But once loaded some Emacs commands are not
working anymore. For example I can't change to another buffer with C-x
o. I know the problem is that the shell input interferes with the
Emacs input.

Any idea how to make this work?

Thanks,

Florian