Re: emacs uses an old version of python

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs uses an old version of python
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 23:34:26 +0100

Am 30.11.2008 um 22:51 schrieb John Seales:

I've updated to Python 2.6

I don't know how you did (Apple does not provide any updates in form of install package) – when I updated on Tiger to Python 2.5 I had the binaries in /usr/local/bin. And also in /Library/Frameworks/ Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin. Just adjust PATH resp. path system-wide if you are using Emacs as client of some windowing system, or for your shell environment if you're using non-windowing Emacs. You can also read http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/ qa1067.html. (Property List Editor can be found in /Developer/ Applications/Utilities in case you have installed the developer meta- package, otherwise you would need to use the defaults command from the command line.)

Some details are explained in the manual entries of tcsh and bash, whatever shell you use.

--
Greetings

  Pete

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.
                                – Douglas Adams