Re: removing menubar and window frame

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: removing menubar and window frame
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 12:47:27 +0100

Am 02.12.2008 um 12:05 schrieb Chengqi(Lars) Song:

Is there any method to toggle menubar and the "x window decroration" by
a hotkey?

I believe in software: there surely is one! Just write it, make it simply exchange Metacity with twm or evilwm or another minimalist window manager (I remember having visited an internet site with lots of screenshots showing decoration by a large number of window managers, but can't find it), bind this function to a key as that for switching on and off the menu-bar or put it also into Options -> Show/ Hide menu.

I remember having killed the original window manager a few times. While the X server continued running the X clients also kept running, allowing me to launch another window manager.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Who the fsck is "General Failure," and why is he reading my disk?