RE: perl indentation

From: Bourgneuf Francois
Subject: RE: perl indentation
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 10:35:10 +0100

You may use perltidy.

I have inserted the following code in my .emacs, then C-c t will do the job on
any marked region.
If you use activeperl, perltidy will be located in
"Perl_Directory"/site/bin/perltidy
Regards
Bour9

;; PerlTidy
(defmacro mark-active ()
    "Xemacs/emacs compatibility macro"
    (if (boundp 'mark-active)
        'mark-active
      '(mark)))
(defun perltidy ( )
  "Run perltidy on the current region or buffer."
  (interactive)
  (let ((orig-point (point)))
    (unless (mark-active) (mark-defun))
    (shell-command-on-region (point) (mark) "perltidy -q -ci=2 -bli -l=0 -lp
-vt=1 -vtc=1 -nsfs -ndln" nil t)
    (goto-char orig-point)))
(global-set-key "\C-ct" 'perltidy)