Re: Reply with gnus

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Reply with gnus
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 10:46:42 -0600

Charles Sebold <csebold@gmail.com> writes:

>> I tried r, f and S n. With r, the reply was an ordinary mail. With f
>> and S n, I could see and read my reply in the newsgroup, but it looked
>> different from the replies from other people in the summary buffer.
>
> I usually reply with F (shift f, that is):

There are a few other little tricks you might not already know.
When you use (shift) F as advised by Charles you get the intire post
quoted in the reply.  Sometimes thats what you want but somtimes you
only want some of it.

You can hilight text in a message that you want to quote in your reply
then when you press F only that text is quoted.

If you press F and get the whole post quoted you can pare it down by
setting your region around what you want quoted then pressing:
  Cntrl-c Cntrl-v