Re: Adding a hook to sql-mode?

From: Ian Eure
Subject: Re: Adding a hook to sql-mode?
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 09:51:23 -0800

On Dec 8, 2008, at 9:40 PM, Webb S. wrote:

Looks like what you are looking for is indent with hard tabs with tab
width of 4. The following in the mode hook will do this.

         (setq indent-tabs-mode t
               tab-width 4)

You don't need to redefine TAB key then.

Could you show me how to write the add-hook for that?  I think that is
where my problem is, not in the command.  Yours is probably better,
but mine works if I eval it once the file is open.

(add-hook 'sql-mode-hook '(lambda () (setq indent-tabs-mode t tab- width 4)))

 - Ian