Re: Change line continuation behavior in cperl-mode

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: Change line continuation behavior in cperl-mode
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 15:43:07 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 9, 9:06 am, Steve <swechs...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to change the indentation of continued lines (i.e.
> lines ending in a ".") in cperl-mode? The current behavior is to add
> an additional number of spaces to each continued line, so that, for
> example, the second line is indented 2 characters, the next, 4, the
> next, 6, etc, in an upside-down stair-step pattern. I'd like to have
> all lines after the first indented the same (e.g. If the starting line
> is at column 6, I'd like all the others to be at column 8). perl-mode
> does this properly.

not sure, but have you tried customize-group with cperl?

in particular, there's a section on indentation with a lot variables
you can tweak.

in general, when behavior in some mode you don't like, first thing to
try is customize-group, followed by the mode name (may or may not end
in “-mode”). Not all major mode support this customize feature, but
most big ones or well written ones do.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/