Re: Reply to a message in a buffer

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: Reply to a message in a buffer
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 14:30:52 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 8, 11:20 am, Saptarshi <saptarshi.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I don't use GNUS but I do use GMail. I sometimes copy the message from
> a gmail (by selecting the original source sans headers from GMail)
> paste it in an emacs buffer and turn on message-mode. However, this
> treats the buffer as the message, whereas I would like to reply to the
> message in the buffer.
>
> Is there a message-mode function that will reply(create a new buffer)
> to a buffer that contains an email message?
> Thanks and regards
> Saptarshi

if i understand your question correctly, you basically just want a way
to create a new buffer.

you can use switch-to-buffer (Ctrl+x b), then give a random name.

if you are using my ergo map package, you can just call new-empty-
buffer (Ctrl+n).

  http://xahlee.org/emacs/ergonomic_emacs_keybinding.html

it would be nice if there's a emacs package that interface with GMail.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/