Re: Wrong type argument: frame-live-p, #<dead frame *Group* 0x91ca460>

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Wrong type argument: frame-live-p, #<dead frame *Group* 0x91ca460>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:06:31 +0100

> (defun kill-this-buffer-and-frame ()
>    (interactive)
>    (kill-this-buffer)
>    (delete-frame))
>
> It works as intended (that is, it kills the buffer and deletes the
> frame) most of the time, but sometimes (I haven't been able to
> determine when) I get:
>
> Wrong type argument: frame-live-p, #<dead frame *Group* 0x91ca460>

Sometimes a separate frame gets automatically killed along with its
buffer, so you should not call `delete-frame' after `kill-this-buffer'.

However, in the special case there's another function which wants to do
something in the *Group* frame after you killed it.  You would have to
tell us which package is responsible for creating the *Group* frame in
order to find out where the error comes from.

martin