Re: Temporary case-folding in string-match()

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Temporary case-folding in string-match()
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:39:39 +0100

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:30, Nordlöw <per.nordlow@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I normally use case-folding, how do I *temporarily* set case-fold-
> search to nil when doing string-match()?

(let (case-fold-search)
  (string-match ...))

or string-match-p, if you don't need the match data.

If you often want to do that, you can define your own function

(defun my-string-match (regexp string &optional start case-fold-search)
  "Like `string-match', with a local binding of `case-fold-search'."
  (string-match regexp string start)

so you can use it like a non-case-folding string-match, and if you
ever need the case-folding, you just do

  (my-string-match my-regexp my-string nil t)

    Juanma