Re: struggling with gnus imap

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: struggling with gnus imap
Date: 19 Dec 2008 13:16:08 +0100

Roger Mason <rmason@mun.ca> writes:

>> What do you see when you "open server buffer" (use "^" in gnus to do that)?
>
> {nnfolder:archive} (opened)
>      {nnimap:MUN} (opened)
>      {nnml:} (opened)
>      {nntp:coranto.ucs.mun.ca} (opened) (agent)

I also shifted from nnml to nnimap this week. I had similar problems at
the beginning. As far as I can remember, it worked after I deleted
(renamed) ~/.newsrc and ~/.newsrc.eld. But you have to subscribe to all
groups again and re-create your topics if you do that. But this takes
only a few seconds. Just open the server buffer with "^" enter the
servers (RET) and hit "u" on every relevant group. Your imap-Server MUN
should show all folders extant on the server as groups ready to be
subscribed.

You can create new imap-folders by hitting "G m" in the summary buffer.
Type in a name (e.g. "Important") RET nnimap:MUN RET. Hit "G del" if you
want to delete a folder.

I still don't know how I should configure expiry. I would like to delete
the mail in some folders by hand (in case of folders where I keep
messages that still demand action), while the usual inbox should delete
its contents automatically after some 30 days.

Greetings

Sven