[Vista] "Save options" does not seem to work

From: Carl-Erik
Subject: [Vista] "Save options" does not seem to work
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 07:15:51 -0800 (PST)

Changing various options using the GUI, for instance the font and font size,
and then using "Save Options", is not reflected the next time I start Emacs.
The same font. The same size. Nothing seems to have changed.

How can I make the changes permanent, if not using "Save Options"? Is this
some kind of bug, and if not, _what is it supposed to do_?

Thanks
Carl-Erik

Using 32 bit Vista and GNU Emacs 22.3.1