Re: specifying identity file for scp within tramp

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: specifying identity file for scp within tramp
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 20:45:28 -0500

In article
<b4647b13-f390-48aa-9373-46192b1bbe8e@b41g2000pra.googlegroups.com>,
 À¯×°×² <girzel@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 19, 1:38 pm, Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> > In article
> > <97c43290-2786-4b18-aaa8-429005829...@s9g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
> >
> >  À¯×°×² <gir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Can anyone tell me if it's possible to direct tramp to use a
> > > particular set of ssh keys when connecting to a particular server? I'm
> > > trying to use scp with the equivalent of the -i option, what I tried
> > > below just seems to confuse tramp, is there some other way I should be
> > > doing this?
> >
> > > (add-to-list 'tramp-default-method-alist
> > >               '("remote_server" "" "scp -i /Users/my_user/.ssh/
> > > my_key"))
> >
> > Why not use the IdentityFile directives in ~/.ssh/config?
> >

> I'm already using a set of keys for regular ssh login, and there's a
> passphrase on that set. I was trying to create a second set
> specifically for tramp to use, with no passphrase and restricted
> permissions on the server side. So far as I know, I can only provide a
> single IdentityFile per host in ssh/config -- do you know of any other
> ways to automatically distinguish the proper keys for tramp to use
> with my server?

I think you have to define a new method.

(defvar my-scp-extra-args '("-i" "/Users/my_user/.ssh/my_key"))
(let* ((scp-method (assoc "scp" tramp-methods))
       (new-method (copy-tree (cdr scp-method)))
       (login-args (assoc 'tramp-login-args new-method))
       (copy-args (assoc 'tramp-copy-args new-method)))
  (setf (cadr login-args)
        `(,@my-scp-extra-args ,@(cadr login-args))
        (cadr copy-args)
        `(,@my-scp-extra-args ,@(cadr copy-args)))
  (push `("myscp" . ,new-method) tramp-methods))

Then set the default method for remote_server to "myscp".

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA