Re: specifying identity file for scp within tramp

From: Ian Eure
Subject: Re: specifying identity file for scp within tramp
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 10:22:38 -0800

On Dec 18, 2008, at 10:29 PM, 锁住子 wrote:

On Dec 19, 1:38 pm, Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
In article
<97c43290-2786-4b18-aaa8-429005829...@s9g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,

 À¯×°×² <gir...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to direct tramp to use a
particular set of ssh keys when connecting to a particular server? I'm
trying to use scp with the equivalent of the -i option, what I tried
below just seems to confuse tramp, is there some other way I should be
doing this?

(add-to-list 'tramp-default-method-alist
              '("remote_server" "" "scp -i /Users/my_user/.ssh/
my_key"))

Why not use the IdentityFile directives in ~/.ssh/config?

I'm already using a set of keys for regular ssh login, and there's a
passphrase on that set. I was trying to create a second set
specifically for tramp to use, with no passphrase and restricted
permissions on the server side. So far as I know, I can only provide a
single IdentityFile per host in ssh/config -- do you know of any other
ways to automatically distinguish the proper keys for tramp to use
with my server?

You can, like so:

Host *
    IdentityFile …

Host my.special.com
    IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_dsa_special

Any of the options can be put in host-specific blocks. See ssh_config(5) for more.

 - Ian