Re: Unwanted highlighting after cross-buffer paste

From: Joe Casadonte
Subject: Re: Unwanted highlighting after cross-buffer paste
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 22:18:47 -0500

On 24 Dec 2008, kj wrote:

> Is there a simpler way of getting rid of this unwanted highlighting

`font-lock-fontify-buffer' should re-fontify the whole buffer,
stripping out the unneeded bits.

> (or of avoiding it in the first place)?

Take a look at what it is that's killing the text in the first place;
if it's `copy-region-as-kill', you may want to re-write it to use
buffer-string-no-properties instead of buffer-string (or use some
around advice that temporarily fsets buffer-string to be
buffer-string-no-properties, but I'm not sure how to un-fset it).

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte