Re: cvs emacs scales fonts to awfully big?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: cvs emacs scales fonts to awfully big?
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 01:38:27 +0100

Am 28.12.2008 um 00:18 schrieb Peter Tury:

Did I do something wrong at compilation of Emacs? Does something
missing from my Ubuntu? What to check?

In KDE and GNOME there are rule settings about appropriate font sizes. An optimised bitmapped font for 100 DPI is larger than the same font for 75 DPI. When the X11 font path has the 100 DPI font before the 75 DPI fonts than these larger fonts are used. GNU Emacs 23.0.60 uses libXft. When a 100 DPI display is assumed by Xft then quite large 75 DPI fonts might be used ...

You could add to your X defaults a setting like this:

        Xft.dpi: 96

or a value closer to your display's resolution. It might also help to run your X server with your display's resolution. Some X servers evaluate the contents of a ~/.xserverrc file.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Who the fsck is "General Failure," and why is he reading my disk?