RE: How can I select a .info file for info mode?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How can I select a .info file for info mode?
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 23:50:51 -0800

> It used to be the case that ``ESC-2 CTL-h i'' gave me the opportunity
> to select the .info file to use for info mode.  Not any more.
> Plowing through the docs doesn't give me a good enough hint about
> how to do it either.  Please tell me there is still a way to do this?
> Searching keybindings did not yield anything promising either.
> I guess I could read the elisp for the previous emacs and my current
> one, but that is too far over the top for me.  I don't grok elisp
> very well anyway.

Yes, `ESC-2 C-h i' (or `M-2 C-h i') works in Emacs before the Emacs 22 release.
Dunno if this change was intentional or is a bug - you might check the NEWS file
to see. If it was not intentional, then you might want to report a bug using
`M-x report-emacs-bug'.

In any case, you can still use `C-u C-h i' to do the same thing - it prompts you
for the Info file to use.