Emacs 22.xxxx and DDE

From: Tom
Subject: Emacs 22.xxxx and DDE
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 02:29:59 -0800 (PST)

I use Emacs on WinXP to compile my latex code and i use the following
fonction ....

(defun acrobat-close-doc (file)
  "Close <file> in Acrobat, using DDE."
  (save-excursion
    (set-buffer (get-buffer-create " *ddeclient*"))
    (erase-buffer)
    (insert "[CloseAllDocs()]\n" )
    (call-process-region (point-min) (point-max)
                         "ddeclient" t t nil "acroview" "control")
    (if (= 0 (string-to-int (buffer-string))) t nil)))

to close all open acrobat window before my compilation

I have change for the emacs' s   22.3 version  but now i need to wait
10 second before the windows closed and compiling begins ...

I try "call-process-region" with other .exe and i don't have this
delay ...

Is it a bug????