Re: ipv6 and Tramp.

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: ipv6 and Tramp.
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 19:20:25 +0100

>>> Do you have a PuTTY profile for address x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x?
>>
>> Yes. The connection fails no matter if pageant is running or not.
>>
>> This seems a buggy plink.exe. I'm using the latest release (0.60).
>
> plink can also handle PuTTY profiles. This is implemented in Tramp as
> method "plinkx".

I guess that you mean "saved sessions" here. There is no mention to
"profiles" on the putty help file.

> Does it work, if you open in Emacs "C-x C-f /plinkx:profilename:" ?

Nope.

C-x C-f /plinkx:osx: ENTER

Tramp: Opening connection for osx using plinkx...
Tramp: Waiting 60s for local shell to come up...
Tramp: Sending command `plink -load osx -t env 'TERM=dumb' 'PROMPT_COMMAND='
'PS1=$ ' /bin/sh && exit || exit'
Tramp: Waiting for prompts from remote shell
File error: Process died
completion--some: Process died

--
Oscar