Re: how to open a list of files?

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: how to open a list of files?
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 17:04:55 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 5, 2:58 am, thth <thomas.hartm...@uni-rostock.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a file containing pathes to several other files I want to open
> (actually it is just the buffer list of a previous session saved in a file).
> Opening each file by hand from this list is a bit laborious. So I wonder if
> there is a way to open all files contained in a list automatically in emacs?
>
> Cheers & Thanks for all ideas,

depending on what you mean...

others has mentioned desktop mode...

if you want to open a bunch of marked files in dired, put

(require 'dired-x)

in your .emacs then you can
Alt+x dired-x and dired-do-find-marked-files.

If you have a list of paths, you can create this text

(find-file "path1")
(find-file "path2")

then select them then Alt+x eval-region.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/